Webinar – Outsourcing Opportunities in the Turkish Wind Energy Sector 2021
Free of charge
We will send you a link the day before the webinar.
- 1 - UDENRIGSTJENESTEN UDE OG HJEMM
- Anadolu Agency
- Brüel & Kjær Vibro A/S
- Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor
- Danish Embassy in Ankara
- Danish Energy Agency - Danish Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities
- Denizüstü Rüzgar Enerjisi Derneği
- Energy Industrialists and Businessman Association
- FORCE Technology
- General Electric
- Hans Følsgaard A/S
- Hydratech Industries A/S
- Istanbul Technical University
- Kastamonu Investment Sdn. Bhd.
- Kastamonu yatırım
- Liftra ApS
- Nordic Wind Technology ApS
- Royal Danish Consulate General in Istanbul
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy A/S
- TES ltd
- United Wind Force
- İstanbul Technical University
Sign up has been closed. Please contact Søren Rasmussen, if you are interested.
10:00-11:15 Danish time/ 11:00-12:15 TR-time
10:00 - 10:05
Welcome and short introduction
Soren Rasmussen, Managing Director, DWEA
Anette Galskjøt, Consul General, Royal Danish Consulate General Istanbul
10:05 - 10:20
Challenges & Opportunities in the Turkish wind energy sector
Tuna Güven, Secretary General of the Turkish Wind Industry Association (TÜREB),
Deputy General Manager of Borusan EnBW (Operations)
10:20 - 10:40
Wind supply chain in İzmir and the Aegean region including a case study
Sencer Özen, Investment Promotion and Support Expert, İzmir Development Agency (İZKA)
Experiences from a Turkish sub-supplier XGen
İskender KÖKEY, Partner
Case studies from Danish Companies in the wind sector established in Turkey, Resolux and LM Wind Power
Seda Kayrak Bilgen, Senior Trade Manager/Team Leader Energy & Environment, Royal Danish Consulate General, Istanbul
Resolux Turkey Case Study
Ole Teglgaard, CEO
LM Wind Power Turkey Case Study
Emre Kahya, Plant Manager
Q & A and Closure
Seda Kayrak Bilgen
The Turkish Wind Market
- Turkey has reached a position where nearly 63% of its electricity produced throughout 2020 was produced from local and renewable resources.(including hydro power)
- Despite the covid-19 pandemic, with 1.224 MW new capacity in 2020, Turkey’s cumulative installed wind power capacity reached to 9.305MW.
- In 2020, the total electricity generation from wind has been 24.486.679 MW equals to 8.44% of the total electricity generation.
- In terms of renewable energy installed capacity, Turkey ranks 6th in Europe and 13th in the world.
- The country was also ranked among the top five countries in Europe in terms of large scale production plants for wind turbine equipment.
- Turkey has been ranked as the fifth-biggest wind power investor in Europe in 2020 with 1.6 billion Euro.
In April, the wind energy peaked in Turkey meeting 10.36% of the total electricity generation.
You can read more in the folder "Wind Energy Market in Turkey", prepared by the Trade Council of Denmark in Istanbul, Turkey / 2021.
Opportunities for Danish companies
As the intersection point of Europe, Central Asia and Middle East, Turkey is a gate to these regions. More energy transformation projects will be adopted in the Middle East and North Africa Region. Thanks to geographical and cultural proximity, Turkey can be used as a hub to those growing markets.
Skilled Labour Force
Turkey is advanced in producing components of wind energy industry; with the new YEKA investment model, which promotes local industry, Turkey will increase its capacity even more in the near future. For emerging markets around Turkey, energy components can be produced in Turkey.
- A great number of government incentives.
- Partnership and production opportunities with Turkish Companies.
- Strategic Sector cooperation Project and government-to-government cooperation between Turkey and Denmark on offshore and onshore wind will create the framework for business development for Danish companies.
Partnerships with Turkish companies